Friday, February 26, 2016

My Disaster Zone

As the name of this blog implies, I'm a bit chaotic. Organized chaos maybe? Everything has a place, but that place looks crazy to people that aren't me. ;)

Here's a glimpse into what my sewing room typically looks like.
Working on my king size postage stamp quilt that has been 3 years in the making, lol. The cardboard box has scrap vortex pieces. I swear I have more scraps that actually pieces of fabric now.

I started hanging my completed tops of projects in various stages. Keeps them out of the way to start new things. ;)

That's one scrap bin under the table - sorted by colouring groupings (warm, cool, neutral) until I make specific fabric bins for them all. 


And this is where I keep my books, selvages, batting bits, bundles & flannels. It's overflowing so I either need to get another one of these units or just use my flannel/batting up. :) I did that a bit, so it does look a little better now. 

I am just really happy to have this space to sew. Before we bought our home, we rented a two bedroom townhouse. We shared the spare room as a gaming/sewing center. One half was sewing and the other was the computer zone, but it was pretty apparent that my quilting stuff was taking over the whole space. Whoops! 

Now to get somewhat organized. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, you and I have a similar way of working! I recently posted about my chaotic room too, here's the link if you would like to compare chaos:

    http://pamperedpettit.blogspot.com/2016/02/a-completely-honest-sewing-room-post.html

    I like the postage stamp quilts, haven't started one just yet although the tumbler I'm working on is comparable. My sewing room used to also be half my husband's hobby room, and I also ended up spilling into his work space. Funny how fabric seems to multiply like that!

    I'm glad to have run across a similar spirit, I look forward to seeing more from you :)

    ~Brandy
    pamperedpettit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete